McIlroy wins Hong Kong Open
Hong Kong: Rory McIlroy boosted his hopes of finishing the year as Europe`s top golfer after sensationally holing a bunker shot for birdie at the last to capture the Hong Kong Open on Sunday.
The U.S. Open champion, runner-up in Hong Kong twice before, came from three strokes behind heading to the final round to win by two strokes, firing a five-under-par 65 for a 12-under par tally.
World number two McIlroy needed to win or finish second in Hong Kong to have any chance of denying Luke Donald a historic first ever European and PGA Number One title in the same season.
The 22-year old McIlroy, who won his fourth professional title, will also need to finish in the top two and above Donald in next week`s Dubai World Championship to deny him both money list titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes