McIlroy wins Hong Kong Open
Hong Kong: Rory McIlroy boosted his hopes of finishing the year as Europe`s top golfer after sensationally holing a bunker shot for birdie at the last to capture the Hong Kong Open on Sunday.
The U.S. Open champion, runner-up in Hong Kong twice before, came from three strokes behind heading to the final round to win by two strokes, firing a five-under-par 65 for a 12-under par tally.
World number two McIlroy needed to win or finish second in Hong Kong to have any chance of denying Luke Donald a historic first ever European and PGA Number One title in the same season.
The 22-year old McIlroy, who won his fourth professional title, will also need to finish in the top two and above Donald in next week`s Dubai World Championship to deny him both money list titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended