McIlroy working hard to overcome tendency of giving up easily
London: Former golf world number one Rory McIlroy has admitted that if he has to dominate the sports again, then he needs to overcome his penchant of giving up easily when the going gets tough.
McIlroy has missed the cut in four of his last five tournaments, so will be under extra pressure to perform when he tees off in the Irish Open.
“Definitely in the past, if things haven’t gone my way, the fight goes out of me pretty quickly,” a daily quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“That’s something I’m working on and trying to get better at,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights