McIlroy working hard to overcome tendency of giving up easily
London: Former golf world number one Rory McIlroy has admitted that if he has to dominate the sports again, then he needs to overcome his penchant of giving up easily when the going gets tough.
McIlroy has missed the cut in four of his last five tournaments, so will be under extra pressure to perform when he tees off in the Irish Open.
“Definitely in the past, if things haven’t gone my way, the fight goes out of me pretty quickly,” a daily quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“That’s something I’m working on and trying to get better at,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'