Modest start by Shiv Kapur in Finland
Helsinki: Shiv Kapur made a modest start with a two-under 70 that put him in tied 54th place at the end of the first round of the Finnish Challenge on the European Challenge Tour.
Kapur, who made the cut at the British Open last month, will need to put up a better show in the second round to ensure weekend action.
Meanwhile, Sihwan Kim continued his incredible run of form on the European Challenge Tour as the Korean carded an eight under par opening round of 64 to move into a share of the lead, alongside Sweden`s Niklas Lemke.
Kim`s runner-up finish at the Le Vaudreuil Golf Challenge last week, where he was leading after the second and third rounds, rounded off a stunning July for the 24-year-old as he added a third top five finish in four tournaments, finishing top 20 in the other.
Kim is one of many young stars to have come from the collegiate circuit in the USA and begin professional life on the Challenge Tour.
Having watched the likes of Brooks Koepka and Peter Uihlein make the breakthrough onto The European Tour this year, the former Stanford University man is even more determined to make his mark in 2013.
On a day of low scoring in benign and soft conditions, Challenge Tour debutant Brandon Stone was among the five players just a shot off the lead on seven under par.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note