Mollah of Bangladesh emerges Rd 1 leader
Jamshedpur: Md Zamal Hossain Mollah of Bangladesh emerged as the round one leader after he shot an impressive bogey-free round of seven under 65 in the 10th Tata Open Golf tournament on Thursday.
Mandeo Singh Pathania from the Jaypee Greens Golf Resort, Greater Noida, was in second position as he posted a six under 66 at the Beldih Golf Course.
Mollah took the Beldih course by storm with his seven birdies. The Dhaka-based golfer fetched himself a birdie on the very first hole as his tee shot landed close to the pin.
The 26-year-old then went on a rampage picking up birdies on the third, fourth, eighth, twelfth, fifteenth and sixteenth to end with a formidable seven under.
Pathania started off with a bogey on the first hole but roared back with birdies on the third, fourth, seventh and ninth, courtesy his excellent hitting, to make the turn at three under.
He picked up three more birdies on the back nine ? twelfth, thirteenth and sixteenth ? to end the day with a fantastic six under.
Chandigarh golfer Harmeet Kahlon`s five under 65, considered the best score at the Golmuri Golf Course on day one, placed him in third position. Jyoti Randhawa was placed tied 16th as he carded a one under 71 at Beldih.
For today`s game, half of the field played its 18 holes at the par with 72 Beldih Golf Course while the golfers in the other half completed their rounds at the par with 70 Golmuri Golf Course.
On Friday both halves of the field will switch venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official