Monga wins 4th USHA DGC Ladies Open Amateur Golf C`ship
New Delhi: Gauri Monga carded a three-under 69, including four birdies on the front nine, to register an emphatic come from behind victory at the 4th USHA DGC Ladies Open Amateur Golf Championship here on Thursday.
Gauri finished one stroke ahead of Day 2 leader Ridhima Dilawari with an aggregate score of 218 at the end of 54 holes of golf.
Ridhima, who had a total of two bogeys over two days, tripled that count on the day it mattered most, to fritter away a four-stroke advantage she held before the start of the final day.
Seher Atwal, who registered the only eagle of the tournament at the par five 14th, eventually finished third, carding an even par 72 to finish with a score of 220.
Last year`s winner Tvesa Malik, eventually finished fourth this time with a score of 228, ending the final day with a card of three over 75.
Other fancied players to finish in the top 10 included the likes of Gaurika Bishnoi (232) who finished fifth and Millie Saroha (235) who finished sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!