Nalini pips Smriti to win 10th leg
Kolkata: Nalini Singh Siwach upstaged her senior rival and overnight leader Smriti Mehra to clinch the 10th leg title of the Hero Women`s Pro Golf tournament, on Friday.
Nalini, starting the day two behind Smriti, carded an even par 72 with three birdies and three bogeys to finish the tournament at nine-over 225, which was two better than Smriti, whose final day 76 saw her end the week at 227.
It was Nalini`s third title of the season. Her first win came in the eighth leg and earlier in the fifth leg she was the leading pro, while amateur Vani Kapoor topped the field.
Ankita Tiwana (78) was third at 235, while Neha Tripathi (76) was fourth at 238 and Rani (76) finished fifth at 239. Pallavi Jain and Nikki Ponappa, both carded 78, and ended in a tie for sixth at 240.
Nalini, one of the young and exciting prospects in Indian women`s pro golf, opened with three straight pars before her first birdie on the fourth.
She dropped bogeys on sixth and seventh, but the birdie on ninth saw her turn in even par, by which time Smriti with two bogeys and no birdies had gone two-over for the day and the duo was tied for the lead.
On the back nine, Nalini birdied the 11th and bogeyed the 14th and parred the rest to finish at 72. In contrast Smriti bogeyed 14th and 17th and her 76 for the day saw her finish two behind Nalini.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview