Nalini ready to challenge Smriti in 11th leg of Women Pro Tour
Kolkata: Nalini Singh Siwach, winner of the 10th leg last week, will have a good chance of overhauling Smriti Mehra, the current leader on the Order of Merit, when the 11th leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour gets under way, on Tuesday.
Nalini grabbed her third title of the season in the 10th leg and is now only a little over Rs. 13,000 behind Smriti.
Sharmila Nicollet, who was away playing in New Zealand, will be missing this week also. She is third on the money list, having been overtaken by Nalini in previous event. Neha Tripathi and Saaniya Sharma are fourth and fifth.
The Tollygunge Club, right across the RCGC, which hosted its first-ever women’s pro event last week, is all set for the event where water hazards and a lot of trees come into play.
The course is 5464 yards long with yardages now being measured to the front of the green. The course had five par-3 holes and the most challenging holes are the 10th and 16th. The weather and course conditions are great but it looks like playing tough this week.
Apart from Sharmila, Sanniya Sharma is also skipping the event, while Shraddhanajli Singh, making a comeback will tee up once again.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani