Nalini ready to challenge Smriti in 11th leg of Women Pro Tour
Kolkata: Nalini Singh Siwach, winner of the 10th leg last week, will have a good chance of overhauling Smriti Mehra, the current leader on the Order of Merit, when the 11th leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour gets under way, on Tuesday.
Nalini grabbed her third title of the season in the 10th leg and is now only a little over Rs. 13,000 behind Smriti.
Sharmila Nicollet, who was away playing in New Zealand, will be missing this week also. She is third on the money list, having been overtaken by Nalini in previous event. Neha Tripathi and Saaniya Sharma are fourth and fifth.
The Tollygunge Club, right across the RCGC, which hosted its first-ever women’s pro event last week, is all set for the event where water hazards and a lot of trees come into play.
The course is 5464 yards long with yardages now being measured to the front of the green. The course had five par-3 holes and the most challenging holes are the 10th and 16th. The weather and course conditions are great but it looks like playing tough this week.
Apart from Sharmila, Sanniya Sharma is also skipping the event, while Shraddhanajli Singh, making a comeback will tee up once again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow