Neha gets off to good start at Hero Women`s Pro Golf
Bangalore: Neha Tripathi zoomed into a two-shot lead to get off to a great start with a four-under 66 in the first round of the third leg of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf tour on Tuesday.
Tripathi, the winner of the first leg, led by two over Nalini Singh Siwach (68) and by three over amateur Aditi Ashok (69).
The favourites of the tournament, Smriti Mehra (71) was lying fourth, while Sharmila Nicollet and Rani Sonti were tied fifth with 76 each.
Neha had five birdies, three on the front nine to turn in 33 and on the back stretch she had two more birdies on 11th and 17th and her lone blemish of the day came on the par-4 15th.
"Today`s round was something I had planned since yesterday. Right now there are two more rounds to go and I want to focus on that. But yes, this is surely a strong start and I must build on it," said Neha.
Nalini had three birdies and one bogey in her 68 in second position. Amateur Aditi Ashok, who lost the first leg of the Tour to Neha in a play-off, also had five birdies. But the 13-year-old Bangalore girl also dropped two bogeys and carded 68.
Smriti Mehra, winner of the second leg with five birdies on last five holes on the final day, had two birdies and three bogeys, while Sharmila also had two birdies but dropped three bogeys and two doubles in her 76.
Smriti, Sharmila and Rani Sonti are in the same group, while Neha and Nalini are paired together with Aditi Ashok in the lead group for second round tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'