Neha seeks third title in a row at 7th leg of Women Pro golf
Bangalore: Neha Tripathi will aim to complete a hat-trick of titles when the seventh leg of the Hero Women`s Pro Golf Tour 2013 begins at the Eagleton Golf Club here from Tuesday.
In form Kolkata golfer, Neha will be a strong contender in the Rs five lakh event along with veteran golfer Smriti Mehra. Neha has already won three legs and Smriti has captured the title twice so far.
Sharmila Nicollet is the only other golfer to have won a leg this season.
Looking at her impressive performance graph, Neha took over the top spot from Smriti in the Hero Order of Merit for the current season and now leads with INR 5,60,000 in her kitty making her jump by a margin of over INR 1,00,000 beyond the closest contestant.
Local champion Sharmila Nicollet will be missing from this leg of the tournament on account of a foot injury she endured during the LET tour this summer.
Chandigarh golfers Preetinder Kaur and Saaniya Sharma along with Delhi`s Vani Kapoor will also look to put up a strong challenge to the in-form Neha and Smriti.
The Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour 2013 comprises a total thirteen legs spanning across key locations in India across the year. The seventh leg comes after a summer gap of four months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living