Neha Tripathi, Pennapa Pulsawath joint leader on day one
Manesar: India`s Neha Tripathi and Pennapa Pulsawath of Thailand fired an identical three under 69 to share the lead after the opening round of Business Today Pro Am of Champions at the Classic Golf Resort, here.
Neha, winner of the first leg of the Women`s Pro golf tour 2013, got off to a good start and carded birdies on the third, fourth, 10th, 13th and 14th.
She had two bogeys on the 16th and 17th holes .
Pennapa Pulsawath gave Neha a tight contest as both the golfers stayed neck and neck throughout the day.
Pennapa carded five birdies on the fifth, seventh, ninth,14th and 18th and had bogeys on the sixth and 15th.
It was a great day for Thai golfers as the third and fourth spots were taken by Tiranan Yoopan and Amolkan Phalajivin respectively.
Tiranan carded four birdies to finish at par 72 and Amolkan, with five birdies finished at one over 73.
India`s Vani Kapoor and Brunei`s Valarie Tan were joint fifth after returning cards of two over 74.
Veteran Indian golfer Smriti Mehra, fresh from her win at the fourth leg of the Women?s pro golf tour 2013 struggled on a hot day and ended the day at eighth position with a score of four over 76.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months