Neha wins 2nd title in the Women’s Pro Golf Tour 2013
Chandigarh: Continuing with her scorching form, Neha Tripathi clinched her second title of the season when she returned a card of three over 75 in the final round of the fifth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour, here on Friday.
The Kolkata girl, with an aggregate of 224, was three shots ahead of runner-up Smriti Mehra.
Overnight rain had made the playing conditions extremely challenging for the golfers, which was clearly visible in the scores of the last two rounds.
Neha, who has consistently proved herself this season, was calm and played steadily. She carded three birdies on the second, fourth and 13th along with six bogeys on the fifth, sixth, 12th , 14th , 15th and 18th holes.
Smriti, who was leading after the first round, lost her way in the second round, conceding lead to Neha and could not stage a comeback.
The birdie queen carded just a single birdie on the 10th and had five bogeys and a double bogey for a third round score of six over 78 and a total score of 227.
Local girl Preetinder Kaur finished third, with a final round score of five over 77 and total score of 234. She carded three birdies on the second, 11th, and 12th and had 6 bogeys and a double bogey.
Delhi`s Vani Kapoor was fourth with a day three score of nine over 81 and total score of 236. Ankita Tiwana finished fifth with a total score of 241 followed Saaniya Sharma at six with a total score of 244.
Gursimar Badwal (A) with a total score of 239 was the Amateur winner and Tavleen Batra (A) finish second at 242.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details