Nine birdies give Matthew Nixon Cadiz Open lead
Cadiz: England`s Matthew Nixon fired nine birdies to clinch a one-shot lead on eight under par after three rounds of the Cadiz Open on Saturday.
Nixon, who before this tournament had made just one European Tour cut this year in finishing joint 27th at February`s Africa Open, carded a seven under score of 65.
His only black marks were dropped shots at the par four second and the par five 11th.
"I played really nicely. I don`t remember much about it apart from the fact that I kept knocking them close and knocking the putts in," he said. If I could do that again tomorrow it would come in handy."
Nixon, still without a European Tour win after four seasons, leads by one shot from Italy`s Marco Crespi, who went round in six under.
Crespi is one stroke clear of Chile`s Felipe Aguilar, who led midway through a round delayed to allow much of the field to complete their second round in the morning.
Portugal`s Ricardo Santos was one behind Aguilar, in turn one ahead of a quartet on four under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray