Omar says J&K has potential to be a great golfing destination
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that the upgradation of Jammu Golf Course and developing an arena for the sport in Leh would add to the state`s potential as a golfing destination.
Omar said the state is emerging as a promising destination for the golf enthusiasts and added that courses located at different places in the state provide varied climatic conditions for the golf lovers.
The CM, who was speaking at the occasion of prize distribution ceremony of the Greater Kashmir Golf Tournament here last evening, said such events are important to showcase J&K`s wonderful golf courses and attract golfers from all over the world.
The three-day tournament was organised by the state tourism department in association with Mushtaq group of hotels.
As many as 100 golfers participated in the event that was played across three different venues -- Pahalgam, Gulmarg and Srinagar -- of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof