Omar says J&K has potential to be a great golfing destination
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that the upgradation of Jammu Golf Course and developing an arena for the sport in Leh would add to the state`s potential as a golfing destination.
Omar said the state is emerging as a promising destination for the golf enthusiasts and added that courses located at different places in the state provide varied climatic conditions for the golf lovers.
The CM, who was speaking at the occasion of prize distribution ceremony of the Greater Kashmir Golf Tournament here last evening, said such events are important to showcase J&K`s wonderful golf courses and attract golfers from all over the world.
The three-day tournament was organised by the state tourism department in association with Mushtaq group of hotels.
As many as 100 golfers participated in the event that was played across three different venues -- Pahalgam, Gulmarg and Srinagar -- of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security