Omar says J&K has potential to be a great golfing destination
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that the upgradation of Jammu Golf Course and developing an arena for the sport in Leh would add to the state`s potential as a golfing destination.
Omar said the state is emerging as a promising destination for the golf enthusiasts and added that courses located at different places in the state provide varied climatic conditions for the golf lovers.
The CM, who was speaking at the occasion of prize distribution ceremony of the Greater Kashmir Golf Tournament here last evening, said such events are important to showcase J&K`s wonderful golf courses and attract golfers from all over the world.
The three-day tournament was organised by the state tourism department in association with Mushtaq group of hotels.
As many as 100 golfers participated in the event that was played across three different venues -- Pahalgam, Gulmarg and Srinagar -- of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men