Omar says J&K has potential to be a great golfing destination
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that the upgradation of Jammu Golf Course and developing an arena for the sport in Leh would add to the state`s potential as a golfing destination.
Omar said the state is emerging as a promising destination for the golf enthusiasts and added that courses located at different places in the state provide varied climatic conditions for the golf lovers.
The CM, who was speaking at the occasion of prize distribution ceremony of the Greater Kashmir Golf Tournament here last evening, said such events are important to showcase J&K`s wonderful golf courses and attract golfers from all over the world.
The three-day tournament was organised by the state tourism department in association with Mushtaq group of hotels.
As many as 100 golfers participated in the event that was played across three different venues -- Pahalgam, Gulmarg and Srinagar -- of the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi