Pallavi Jain extends lead to five shots
Mumbai: Pallavi Jain took one more step towards her maiden title this season as she added a fine one-over 66 in the second round of the 13th leg of the Hero WGAI Professional Golf Tour here on Thursday.
Lying way down on the Money List and still looking for her first win, Pallavi is now a whopping five shots ahead of Nalini Singh Siwach (66).
Playing at the shot par-65 Willingdon Golf Club, the golfer is now one-under 129 for two days, while Nalini is four-over 134 for 36 holes.
Sharing the third spot were Saaniya Sharma (71) and Ankita Tiwana (67) at 137, while the Money List leader Smriti Mehra (71) was sixth, one spot behind Neha Tripathi (68).
Neha`s total is 138 while Smriti is at 141.
Pallavi parred her entire front nine before finding bogeys on tenth and 11th holes. She birdied the 13th only to drop a shot again on 14th. A late birdie on 17th ensured she kept her lead at the end of the day.
Nalini, three-time winner this season, had three birdies and four bogeys in her card of 66.
This is the 13th leg following which two more will be played in the season. The current leader on Money list is Smriti Mehra, followed by Nalini Singh Siwach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!