Park strolls to top of Asia-Pacific Open
Osaka: Park Sung-joon of Korea continued his great form after carding a third round three-under-par 68 to charge into a two-shot lead at the Asia-Pacific Panasonic Open golf tournament Saturday.
The slightly-built Korean, who has not missed a single cut in Japan this season, overcame the tough playing conditions with four birdies against one bogey for a seven-under-par 206 at the Ibaraki Country Club, Osaka.
Asian Tour honorary member and Asia`s first male major champion Y.E Yang of Korea sank a 15 footer eagle putt on the last for a 69 to share second place with Japan`s Tetsuji Hiratsuka (71), Masahiro Kawamura (71) and Akio Sadakata (68).
Overnight leader Pariya Junhasavasdikul of Thailand slipped back to tied sixth after posting a disappointing 74 to trail Park by three shots at the 150 million Yen (approximately $1.48 million) event sanctioned by the Asian Tour and Japan Golf Tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'