PGA Championship gets prize money boost to $10m
Sea Island: Prize money for the PGA Championship and US PGA Tour Players Championship will rise to $10 million next year, making them the richest events in the professional golfing calendar, officials said Wednesday.
US PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem and PGA of America president Ted Bishop announced an expansion in cooperation that will see the final major tournament of every season hike prize money by $2 million over this year for next year`s edition of the PGA at Valhalla.
"The relationship between The PGA of America and the PGA Tour has never been stronger for a variety of reasons," Bishop said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city