PGA Championship gets prize money boost to $10m
Sea Island: Prize money for the PGA Championship and US PGA Tour Players Championship will rise to $10 million next year, making them the richest events in the professional golfing calendar, officials said Wednesday.
US PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem and PGA of America president Ted Bishop announced an expansion in cooperation that will see the final major tournament of every season hike prize money by $2 million over this year for next year`s edition of the PGA at Valhalla.
"The relationship between The PGA of America and the PGA Tour has never been stronger for a variety of reasons," Bishop said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical