PGA Championship gets prize money boost to $10m
Sea Island: Prize money for the PGA Championship and US PGA Tour Players Championship will rise to $10 million next year, making them the richest events in the professional golfing calendar, officials said Wednesday.
US PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem and PGA of America president Ted Bishop announced an expansion in cooperation that will see the final major tournament of every season hike prize money by $2 million over this year for next year`s edition of the PGA at Valhalla.
"The relationship between The PGA of America and the PGA Tour has never been stronger for a variety of reasons," Bishop said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured