PGTI, Ten Golf sign three-year deal
New Delhi: Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) announced a three-year exclusive partnership with Ten Golf, an exclusive golf channel, which will be launched next month.
The deal provides Ten Golf with the broadcasting rights for all PGTI-sanctioned tournaments within and outside the country from 2012?2014.
Ten Golf will broadcast a weekly show titled "Inside the PGTI". This show will highlight the best golfing action from PGTI events and will feature golfers on the PGTI circuit. The sports channel will also air special promos and fillers based on Indian golfers and the PGTI tour.”
"It is good to have a channel that gives exposure to the Indian golfers. It is very important to have a platform where we are seen, it also helps to get sponsors," former Asian Tour number one, Jyoti Randhawa said.
Rising Indian golfer Manav Jaini also endorsed the partnership and said it will help Indian golf.
"We needed a channel to support Indian golf, now it would be easier to place a face to the name of the golfers," he said.
Announcing the partnership, Padamjit Sandhu, director, PGTI, said, "We are excited about the partnership. In the last four and a half years we have marched ahead and grown reasonably well and we are confident that the expertise, knowledge and bandwidth of Ten golf will substantially help us to take Indian golf to the next level.
"We are today at a stage where it is important for us to showcase the depth of Indian talent and their achievements with the support of a professional electronic medium.”
"To further grow golf, and project the opportunities and the potential the sport has, it is important to have a strong broadcast partner. With Ten Golf we see strong synergies," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city