Phil Mickelson makes electric start at Deutsche Bank
Norton, Massachusetts: American Phil Mickelson made an electric start to the Deutsche Bank Championship on Friday reaching the turn at TPC Boston at seven-under par.
The British Open champion, starting on the 10th tee, birdied every hole except the par-four 12th and 13th as he took just 28 strokes on his opening nine holes of the tournament.
Mickelson, the world number three, was grouped with Adam Scott and Tiger Woods, ranked second and first in the world and he set the perfect tone with a 19 foot putt for birdie on his first hole.
The left-hander`s faultless golf gave him a five stroke advantage over Woods by the turn and his closest challenger in the early groups was Harris English who was four under after his opening nine holes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Over one million sign UK petition for second EU vote
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Subramanian Swamy's reply to Robert Vadra: 'Concentrate on staying out of jail`
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Congress protests ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Smart City event in Pune