Phil Mickelson makes electric start at Deutsche Bank
Norton, Massachusetts: American Phil Mickelson made an electric start to the Deutsche Bank Championship on Friday reaching the turn at TPC Boston at seven-under par.
The British Open champion, starting on the 10th tee, birdied every hole except the par-four 12th and 13th as he took just 28 strokes on his opening nine holes of the tournament.
Mickelson, the world number three, was grouped with Adam Scott and Tiger Woods, ranked second and first in the world and he set the perfect tone with a 19 foot putt for birdie on his first hole.
The left-hander`s faultless golf gave him a five stroke advantage over Woods by the turn and his closest challenger in the early groups was Harris English who was four under after his opening nine holes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister