Phil Mickelson makes electric start at Deutsche Bank
Norton, Massachusetts: American Phil Mickelson made an electric start to the Deutsche Bank Championship on Friday reaching the turn at TPC Boston at seven-under par.
The British Open champion, starting on the 10th tee, birdied every hole except the par-four 12th and 13th as he took just 28 strokes on his opening nine holes of the tournament.
Mickelson, the world number three, was grouped with Adam Scott and Tiger Woods, ranked second and first in the world and he set the perfect tone with a 19 foot putt for birdie on his first hole.
The left-hander`s faultless golf gave him a five stroke advantage over Woods by the turn and his closest challenger in the early groups was Harris English who was four under after his opening nine holes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'