Phil Mickelson to start 2012 PGA Tour at La Quinta
California: Phil Mickelson will launch his 2012 PGA Tour campaign at this month`s Humana Challenge in La Quinta, California, the four-times major champion said on Friday.
The American left-hander is the leading all-time money winner at the 90-hole pro-am celebrity event, previously known as the Bob Hope Classic, and clinched the title in 2002 and 2004.
"Some of my best seasons have come after starting at this event and I`m really excited about coming back again," Mickelson, a 39-times PGA Tour winner, said in a statement.
The former world number two has not played in the tournament since 2007 but was persuaded to return for this year`s edition, which will be the first held in partnership with the William J. Clinton Foundation established by the former U.S. president.
"I`m honoured to join President Clinton and the Clinton Foundation for the Humana Challenge," Mickelson said. "I admire President Clinton and the charitable work of his Foundation, which helps millions of people around the world."
Mickelson, whose world ranking has slipped to 14th, will join previous winners Jhonattan Vegas of Venezuela (2011) and Americans Bill Haas (2010), Chad Campbell (2006) and Justin Leonard (2005) at the January 18-22 event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?