Poor start by Arjun Atwal in Reno Tahoe Open
Reno: Arjun Atwal experienced yet another forgettable start as he was lying 115th after the first round of the Reno-Tahoe Open, which is being played on the modified Stableford format here.
Atwal, who had just one birdie against five bogeys and one double bogey had minus four points.
Meanwhile, Josh Teater took the first-round lead on Thursday scoring five points with an eagle on the par-5 eighth hole and finishing with a two-point birdie on the ninth.
Players receive eight points for double eagle, five for eagle, two for birdie, zero for par, minus-one for bogey and minus-three for double bogey or worse.
Winless on the PGA TOUR, Teater had the eagle, six birdies and two bogeys for 15 points in gusty, swirling wind on the edge of the Sierra Nevada at Montreux Golf & Country Club.
Gary Woodland and James Driscoll were a point back, Greg Chalmers followed at 13, Stuart Appleby and Colt Knost had 12, and 2008 Masters champ Trevor Immelman topped the group at 10. Defending champion J J Henry had three points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad