Poor start by Arjun Atwal in Reno Tahoe Open
Reno: Arjun Atwal experienced yet another forgettable start as he was lying 115th after the first round of the Reno-Tahoe Open, which is being played on the modified Stableford format here.
Atwal, who had just one birdie against five bogeys and one double bogey had minus four points.
Meanwhile, Josh Teater took the first-round lead on Thursday scoring five points with an eagle on the par-5 eighth hole and finishing with a two-point birdie on the ninth.
Players receive eight points for double eagle, five for eagle, two for birdie, zero for par, minus-one for bogey and minus-three for double bogey or worse.
Winless on the PGA TOUR, Teater had the eagle, six birdies and two bogeys for 15 points in gusty, swirling wind on the edge of the Sierra Nevada at Montreux Golf & Country Club.
Gary Woodland and James Driscoll were a point back, Greg Chalmers followed at 13, Stuart Appleby and Colt Knost had 12, and 2008 Masters champ Trevor Immelman topped the group at 10. Defending champion J J Henry had three points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll