Poulter suffers injury scare ahead of British Open
Ian Poulter has suffered an injury scare with the start of the British Open at Royal Liverpool just days away.
European Ryder Cup star Poulter on Monday underwent an MRI scan on a wrist injury sustained during last week`s Scottish Open in Aberdeen.
The 38-year-old Englishman, who finished second in the Open in 2008, expects to receive the results on Tuesday.
He said there is no evidence of a fracture, which suggests he may recover in time for the first round of the Open on Thursday.
"Just off to Leeds to have a MRI scan on the wrist. Jarred it last week on 14th and 18th. Precautionary but has to be done," Poulter wrote on Twitter.
He followed that tweet with an update which said: "Just had the MRI. Wait until tomorrow to get the results.
"No fractures that I do know. Radiologist will let me know. Fingers crossed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'