Poulter suffers injury scare ahead of British Open
Ian Poulter has suffered an injury scare with the start of the British Open at Royal Liverpool just days away.
European Ryder Cup star Poulter on Monday underwent an MRI scan on a wrist injury sustained during last week`s Scottish Open in Aberdeen.
The 38-year-old Englishman, who finished second in the Open in 2008, expects to receive the results on Tuesday.
He said there is no evidence of a fracture, which suggests he may recover in time for the first round of the Open on Thursday.
"Just off to Leeds to have a MRI scan on the wrist. Jarred it last week on 14th and 18th. Precautionary but has to be done," Poulter wrote on Twitter.
He followed that tweet with an update which said: "Just had the MRI. Wait until tomorrow to get the results.
"No fractures that I do know. Radiologist will let me know. Fingers crossed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout