Proteas golfer Charl Schwartzel wins second consecutive Alfred Dunhill championship
Johannesburg: South African golf ace Charl Schwartzel has won his second consecutive Alfred Dunhill championship on Sunday with a master class of consistent golf, which held off Englishman Richard Finch by four strokes.
It is Schwartzel`s third victory at the Malalane, Mpumalanga course after defeating England`s Neil Cheetham in a playoff in 2004.
According to Sport24, the former world number six, who won his solitary major at the 2011 Masters, did not record a bogey over the final three rounds as he followed up on his 12 shot victory on the Leopard Creek par-72 layout last year with another strong showing on home soil.
The report mentioned that Englishman Simon Dyson carded a final round 67 to share third place with compatriot Ross Fischer and Frenchman Romain Wattel on 10 under, while Dane Soren Hansen was one shot further back in sixth.
The tournament also marked the second tournament in the 2014 Road to Dubai, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount