Rana moves into sole lead
New Delhi: Rohan Rana moved into sole lead with a second round of three-over 73 that brought his 36-hole total to three-over 143 in the Usha-IGU Delhi junior Golf Championships at the Qutub Golf Course here on Wednesday.
Rana`s card was studded with an eagle two on the par-4 16th hole. He holed his second shot on the 396-yard hole to ensure he ended the backstretch under par at 34 and a total of 73 after four bogeys and no birdies on the front nine.
He had one birdie and an eagle with two bogeys on back nine.
Mohan Sardar, third after first round, moved up with one-over 71 that put him at 144. He had three birdies, all on front nine, against four bogeys, while first round co-leader, Tutul Ali, slipped to third with a card of 75. Tutul had three birdies, but the triple bogey on par-3 second hole proved costly.
Harsh Gangwar (72), Manu Gandas (72) and Keshav Sharma (73) were all tied at 147 in tied fourth.
The star performance of the day came from Kartik Sharma in Category B, where he shot a sensational four-under 66 that had five birdies and just one bogey. That round of 66 saw him jump to the top spot, at 144, eight shots ahead of Arjun Puri (77-75) and nine clear of Arjun Prasad (75-78).
Rohan Rana (70-73) occupied the top spot in Combined Category A and B, with Kartik Sharma (78-66) in second place.
In the third round, Rana, Kartik Sharma and Mohan Sardar will go out in the lead group, while Tutul Ali, Harsh Gangwar and Manu Gandas play together in second last group.
There are 74 players in the field in the event, which is recognised by the IGU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information