Rana moves into sole lead
New Delhi: Rohan Rana moved into sole lead with a second round of three-over 73 that brought his 36-hole total to three-over 143 in the Usha-IGU Delhi junior Golf Championships at the Qutub Golf Course here on Wednesday.
Rana`s card was studded with an eagle two on the par-4 16th hole. He holed his second shot on the 396-yard hole to ensure he ended the backstretch under par at 34 and a total of 73 after four bogeys and no birdies on the front nine.
He had one birdie and an eagle with two bogeys on back nine.
Mohan Sardar, third after first round, moved up with one-over 71 that put him at 144. He had three birdies, all on front nine, against four bogeys, while first round co-leader, Tutul Ali, slipped to third with a card of 75. Tutul had three birdies, but the triple bogey on par-3 second hole proved costly.
Harsh Gangwar (72), Manu Gandas (72) and Keshav Sharma (73) were all tied at 147 in tied fourth.
The star performance of the day came from Kartik Sharma in Category B, where he shot a sensational four-under 66 that had five birdies and just one bogey. That round of 66 saw him jump to the top spot, at 144, eight shots ahead of Arjun Puri (77-75) and nine clear of Arjun Prasad (75-78).
Rohan Rana (70-73) occupied the top spot in Combined Category A and B, with Kartik Sharma (78-66) in second place.
In the third round, Rana, Kartik Sharma and Mohan Sardar will go out in the lead group, while Tutul Ali, Harsh Gangwar and Manu Gandas play together in second last group.
There are 74 players in the field in the event, which is recognised by the IGU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh