Randhawa 22nd, Jimenez wins in Hong Kong for third time
Hong Kong: Indian golfer Jyoti Randhawa carded a roller-coaster one-over 71 in the final round to slip nine places and sign off tied 22nd at the UBS Hong Kong Open here on Sunday.
Randhawa, the lone Indian to make the cut, totalled five-under 275. Randhawa had three bogeys on the front nine and that set him back a good deal. Three birdies against one bogey brought him back to one-over.
Producing a stunning five-under 65, despite a fairly cold putter, Miguel Angel Jimenez added another page into the history books by becoming the oldest winner in European Tour history as he picked his third UBS Hong Kong Open title.
Jimenez totalled 15-under 265 for his 19th title on European Tour.
He finished one shot ahead of Sweden`s Fredrik Andersson Hed who charged back into contention with a masterly 64 but was denied his second career win by the slimmest of margins after he closed with a 64 to finish one back of the Spanish veteran who compiled a four-day total of 15-under 265.
This was Jimenez`s 12th win after turning 40 and two of those wins have came at this very venue, Fanling in 2005 and 2008.
Australia`s Marcus Fraser moved atop the Asian Tour Order of Merit after enjoying a third place finish with his closing 64 while Italy`s Matteo Manassero did not surmount the expected challenge and ended his campaign in tied-fourth alongside Ireland`s Peter Lawrie and Scotland`s Stephen Gallacher on 269 at the Hong Kong Golf Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO