Randhawa 5th after Rd2 of Alstom Open de France
Paris: Jyoti Randhawa rode on a flawless back nine to card a steady two-under 69 and rise to fifth spot but S S P Chowrasia fell by the wayside after turning in a disastrous 80 in the second round of the Alstom Open de France golf tournament.
Randhawa has a total of six-under 136, which is four strokes behind leader Alejandro Canizares (66) of Spain.
Among other Indians, Jeev Milkha Singh and Shiv Kpaur also just about managed to make the cut for weekend action after carding identical 73s, which left left their totals at 143.
It was another steady performance by Randhawa as he reeled off three birdies against a lone bogey, which came in the front nine.
Jeev, on the other hand, has a rollercoaster day. The Chandigarh-pro found a couple of birdies against a bogey in the front nine but let it slip with a double bogey and a bogey in the back nine.
Kapur had a similar topsy-turvy day. Although he sank in six birdies in all, the Delhi pro was undone by five bogeys and a double bogey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak