Randhawa rises to tied 4th after Rd 3 of France tourney
Paris: Indian golfer Jyoti Randhawa put himself in contention for a top-five finish after rising one rung to tied fourth with a topsy-turvy one-under 70 in the penultimate round of the Alstom Open de France.
Randhawa`s three-day total stands at seven-under 206.
The Delhi pro struck three birdies and an eagle -- on the par-five third hole -- against four bogeys.
Among other Indians in fray, seasoned pro Jeev Milkha Singh also regained some form and carded a three-under 68 to total two-under 211 and shoot up 32 places to tied 26th.
Jeev slotted in four birdies against just a lone bogey for a reasonably good day on the course.
But the slide continued for Shiv Kapur. The Delhi-pro returned a four-over 75 in the third round to be tied 72nd with a total of five-over 218.
Randhawa managed three birdies against two bogeys and an equal number of double bogeys.
At the top, German Martin Kaymer (71) took the top spot with a total of nine-under 204. Following him a stroke behind was England`s Steve Webster, who managed a 70 in the third round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan