Randhawa rises to tied 4th after Rd 3 of France tourney
Paris: Indian golfer Jyoti Randhawa put himself in contention for a top-five finish after rising one rung to tied fourth with a topsy-turvy one-under 70 in the penultimate round of the Alstom Open de France.
Randhawa`s three-day total stands at seven-under 206.
The Delhi pro struck three birdies and an eagle -- on the par-five third hole -- against four bogeys.
Among other Indians in fray, seasoned pro Jeev Milkha Singh also regained some form and carded a three-under 68 to total two-under 211 and shoot up 32 places to tied 26th.
Jeev slotted in four birdies against just a lone bogey for a reasonably good day on the course.
But the slide continued for Shiv Kapur. The Delhi-pro returned a four-over 75 in the third round to be tied 72nd with a total of five-over 218.
Randhawa managed three birdies against two bogeys and an equal number of double bogeys.
At the top, German Martin Kaymer (71) took the top spot with a total of nine-under 204. Following him a stroke behind was England`s Steve Webster, who managed a 70 in the third round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45