Rashid clinches LG Western India Amateur title
Pune: The overnight five-shot cushion helped Rashid Khan comfortably win the LG Western India Amateur golf despite a modest even-par 71 in the final round here on Friday.
Rashid signed off with a tournament total of one-under 283.
Rahul Bajaj could not really put the pressure on the eventual winner and had to be content with a runner-up finish after he carded a round of four-over 75 to finish five shots back.
The best round of the week, however, was delivered by Saurabh Bahuguna who returned a five-under 66 to jump to third place with his total at 10-over 294.
Gagan Verma and Chikkarangappa were a shot adrift at tied fourth while Pune’s Aditya Bhandarkar slipped to sixth place with a round of 77 on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai