Rashid finishes tied 18th at Asian Amateur golf
Shenzen: A disappointing two-over 74 in the final round prevented Rashid Khan from finishing inside top-10 and the Indian had to be content with a tied 18th spot in the inaugural Asian Amateur golf Championships at Mission Hills on Sunday.
Rashid managed just one birdie against three bogeys in the final round.
“I missed a lot of birdies and the rhythm was not there,” the Indian, winner of the Faldo Series two times, said.
Koreans dominated the event with joint overnight leader Han Chang-won (66-69-71-70) finishing at the top with a total of 12-under. Fellow Korean Eric Chun (74-68-66-73) was second at seven-under.
Abhishek Jha with an even-par 72 moved up six places to tied 34th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees