Rashid jumps to joint lead with eight under 62
Mumbai: Delhi`s Rashid Khan fired a whirlwind eight under 62 in round two of the Crompton Greaves Open 2011 that put him in the joint lead along with Md Zamal Hossain Mollah of Bangladesh at 11 under 129 at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club (BPGC) on Thursday.
Rashid thus equalled the course record set by S Chikkarangappa at an amateur event earlier this year.
Zamal, the overnight joint leader, maintained his position on the leader board thanks to a four under 66 on Thursday.
Kapurthala lad Gaganjeet Bhullar is in third place trailing the joint leaders by two strokes. The cut was declared at two over 142.
Fifty-five professionals made the cut.
Rashid (67-62) hogged the limelight in round two thanks to his startling bogey-free 62 that helped him equal the course record.
Rashid, who has all but sealed the Aircel Emerging Player of the Year title given to the best Rookie golfer of the year, climbed from overnight tied 15th to joint first thanks to his superb second round effort.
The 20-year-old from the Delhi Golf Club earned his first birdie of the day with a fantastic tee shot on the par-3 13th hole where his ball landed two feet short of the hole. Khan then came up with an astounding run of seven birdies in a row from the 16th to the fourth hole (16th, 17th, 18th, first, second, third and fourth).
Rashid, a winner on the Aircel PGTI this year, missed a hole-in-one by six inches on the 17th and went four feet past the hole with his tee shot on the second.
The wiry golfer also made a couple of good chip-putts for birdies on the 18th and first holes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly