Rashid Khan wins PGTI Order of Merit
Kolkata: Rashid Khan claimed number one position on the 2013 Rolex Rankings, the PGTI Order of Merit, after finishing sixth at the McLeod Russel Tour Championship at the RCGC on Sunday.
Last year`s runner-up, Rashid earned sixth place at eight-under-280 to end up in number one position in the PGTI Order of Merit for 2013.
The Delhi lad, who posted 10 top-10s including two wins in 2013, finished the year with earnings of Rs 46,38,284 to seal the title.
His tied eighth place finish in the Year-Ending championship meant S Chikkarangappa of Bangalore was second on the Order of Merit with earnings of Rs 32,65,313.
"It`s been a highly satisfying year for me. I won two events and was in contention in a number of events," a delighted Rashid said.
"Importantly, I`ve improved on last year when I finished second in the rankings. This is a huge boost for me as I`ll be playing as a full-card holder on the Asian Tour next year."
Fondly called `Chikka`, who had one win and nine other top-10s in the season, also won the Emerging Player of the Year race as he recorded the maximum earnings among all the rookies in the 2013 season.
"When I began the year my target was a top-10 finish on the Order of Merit... But as the year progressed, I thought I had a realistic chance of finishing in the top-3 for the season.
"I`m delighted that I managed to finish second on the rankings and win the Emerging Player race as well. The rookies were very strong this year and coming out on top among the rookies is special.
"My putting was the highlight of the season. I really started putting well midway through the year when I started using a new putter," Chikkarangappa said.
Angad Cheema of Panchkula ended up in second position in the Emerging Player of the Year race with earnings of Rs 26,50,448.
Order of Merit:
1 Rashid Khan (Del; Rs 46,38,284); 2 S Chikkarangappa (Ban; Rs 32,65,313); 3 Angad Cheema(Panchkula; 26,50,448); 4 Shamim Khan (Del; Rs 26,08,508); 5 Mukesh Kumar (Mhow; 22,59,917); 6 Chiragh Kumar (Del; 21,30,135); 7 Mohammad Zamal Hossain Mollah (Bangladesh; 19,06,180); 8 M Dharma (Ban; 18,21,539); 9 Shankar Das (Kol; 16,41,278); Abhijit Singh (Chandi; 15,11,702).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'