Rashid leads Indian contingent at Asian Tour Stage qualifiers
Hua Hin: Promising youngsters such as Rashid Khan will spearhead a 15-strong Indian challenge at the Asian Tour Qualifying School Final stage.
The Indian contingent includes a couple of former winners and a hugely talented bunch of youngsters at the Asian Tour Qualifying School Final stage at the Imperial Lakeview GC and Springfield Royal Golf Courses.
Winner on Asian Tour in his rookie year 2004, Rahil Gangjee, who is planning to play as many events as he can on the Nationwide Tour in the US, is back to the Q-School after barely playing on Asian Tour last year.
"I want a playing status on Asian Tour because I started here and it will be good to have a back-up. I did not play here much last year and this year whenever I am free from Nationwide I will try and play Asian Tour," he said.
Three of the four players, who were part of the silver medal winning Asian Games Indian team will be battling for an Asian Tour card. Rashid Khan leads the trio with Abhijit Singh Chadha and Abhinav Lohan being the other two.
Others Indians playing the Final Stage of the Qualifying School include former Asian Tour winner Harmeet Kahlon, Abhishek Jha, Ajeetesh Sandhu, a top-1o finisher at SAIL Open last year, Arjun Singh Chaudhri, Baaz Mann, Deepender Singh Kullar, Gaurav Pratap Singh, Gurki Shergill, Kanwar Sekhon, Mandeo Pathania and Naman Dawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say