Rashid, Mithun joint leaders after rain suspends SAIL Open
New Delhi: India`s Rashid Khan and Mithun Perera of Sri Lanka were joint leaders but were left stranded on the seventh and eighth hole respectively after torrential rain suspended the third day`s play in the SAIL-SBI golf tournament here on Friday.
Overnight leader, Rashid dropped a bogey at the fifth hole, while Perera fired three birdies on the first, second and sixth holes to turn in three-under for the day. The two were 13-under after the suspended third round here.
Heavens opened up in the afternoon leaving the golfers scurrying for cover and with the rain persisting, play was called off, leaving all the golfers stranded.
Two-time defending champion Anirban Lahiri too set the course ablaze with four birdies in eight holes to be four-under, while Siddikur Rahman was two-under after seven holes and were tied at third place.
Lahiri picked up strokes on th first, third, fifth and eighth holes, while Siddikur was also flawless, sinking birdies at the first and seventh holes to total 12-under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire