Rory McIlroy laughs off suggestions he scares Tiger Woods
London: Rory McIlroy has laughed off claims that he intimidates fellow golfer Tiger Woods, saying he is too little to match the American`s achievements.
Legendary golfer Greg Norman reckoned the American had started the romance with the new world No.1 because he realises his time at the top is coming to an end.
The Ulsterman revealed he and Woods jokingly refer to each other as Baldy and Short, and the two biggest names in the game play the opening two rounds of the Tour Championship together starting in Atlanta on Thursday.
"He`s has got a new nickname for me - he calls me the Intimidator! He`s seen the comments too. No, how can I intimidate Tiger Woods? The guys got over 70 PGA Tour wins, 14 Majors. He`s the biggest thing ever in our sport," the Daily Mirror quoted McIlroy, as saying.
"I mean, how could some little 23-year-old from Northern Ireland with a few wins come up and intimidate him? It`s just not possible. I don`t know where he got that from but it`s not true," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?