Rory McIlroy laughs off suggestions he scares Tiger Woods
London: Rory McIlroy has laughed off claims that he intimidates fellow golfer Tiger Woods, saying he is too little to match the American`s achievements.
Legendary golfer Greg Norman reckoned the American had started the romance with the new world No.1 because he realises his time at the top is coming to an end.
The Ulsterman revealed he and Woods jokingly refer to each other as Baldy and Short, and the two biggest names in the game play the opening two rounds of the Tour Championship together starting in Atlanta on Thursday.
"He`s has got a new nickname for me - he calls me the Intimidator! He`s seen the comments too. No, how can I intimidate Tiger Woods? The guys got over 70 PGA Tour wins, 14 Majors. He`s the biggest thing ever in our sport," the Daily Mirror quoted McIlroy, as saying.
"I mean, how could some little 23-year-old from Northern Ireland with a few wins come up and intimidate him? It`s just not possible. I don`t know where he got that from but it`s not true," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended