Rose hopes to continue winning streak at WGC
Shenzhen : Justin Rose of England heads the list of in-form Ryder Cup stars at the World Golf Championships (WGC) to be held here from Oct 29 to Nov 4 at the Olazabal Course.
A key member of the triumphant European Ryder Cup team, the World No.5 Rose, who also won in Turkey last week, hopes to be victorious here as well.
"Winning the Ryder Cup was so special and then it was fantastic to go on to beat so many of the world`s best players. Now I want to have the same success in the WGC where the amount of world ranking points on offer could make a massive difference to my end of year ranking," said Rose.
"I`ve won one WGC and it would be fantastic to add another. I`ve played in the World Cup a couple of times here so hopefully that experience will give me a real advantage."
Rose is joined by nine of his Ryder Cup teammates including World Match Play champion Nicolas Colsaerts, PGA Championship winner Luke Donald, defending champion Martin Kaymer, former Open Champion Paul Lawrie, KLM winner Peter Hanson, Ryder Cup stand-out Ian Poulter, 2010 US Open Champion Graeme McDowell, 2010 WGC Champion Francesco Molinari and World No.4 Lee Westwood.
The American charge is led by Phil Mickelson, Brandt Snedeker, FedEx Cup champion Jason Dufner, Keegan Bradley, Bubba Watson and reigning Masters Champion and World No.13 Dustin Johnson.
The WGC has a prize fund of $7,000,000 and is one of four World Golf Championships sanctioned and organised by the operational committee of the International Federation of PGA Tours.
The other World Golf Championships include the Accenture Match Play Championship, Cadillac Championship and the Bridgestone Invitational.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing