Rough start for Gangjee in South Georgia Classic golf
Valdosta (US): Rahil Gangjee witnessed a rough start with a card of six-over 78 that put him in immediate danger of missing the cut in the South Georgia Classic golf tournament here.
Gangjee had two birdies, two bogeys and three double bogeys on what was a rather disappointing day for the Indian in the Nationwide Tour event at the Kinderlou Forest Golf Club.
Robert Streb carded six-under 66 in the opening round with a handful of birdie putts from 20 feet and beyond to take the initial lead.
Brian Stuard, Luke List and Monday qualifier Sihwan Kim, the 2004 US Amateur champion, share the second spot at five-under 67.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city