Rough start for Gangjee in South Georgia Classic golf
Valdosta (US): Rahil Gangjee witnessed a rough start with a card of six-over 78 that put him in immediate danger of missing the cut in the South Georgia Classic golf tournament here.
Gangjee had two birdies, two bogeys and three double bogeys on what was a rather disappointing day for the Indian in the Nationwide Tour event at the Kinderlou Forest Golf Club.
Robert Streb carded six-under 66 in the opening round with a handful of birdie putts from 20 feet and beyond to take the initial lead.
Brian Stuard, Luke List and Monday qualifier Sihwan Kim, the 2004 US Amateur champion, share the second spot at five-under 67.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chabahar port may become operational in 1.5-2 years: Govt
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin