Sangwan, Asawa end tied on top
Gurgaon: Piyush Sangwan and Prakhar Asawa finished tied on top on the leader board in Category B (age group 13-15) with a one over par 73 at the Toyota-IGU Northern India Juniors at the Golden Green Golf Course here Tuesday.
In a tough battle for supremacy in Category A (age group 16-18), Aman Raj, Abhishek Kuhar and Viraj Madappa all ended the day on top of the leader board with a two over par 74.
The front nine belonged to Aman Raj, who shot two birdies on first and eighth hole and an eagle on the ninth.
Following him closely was Abhishek Kuhar and Viraj Madappa. With two birdies on the back nine, Viraj improved his score while Aman somewhat lost his composure and spoiled his card with four bogeys and one double bogey on par 4-15th.
Abhishek Kuhar produced a consistent performance throughout the day and managed four birdies meanwhile cutting on his bogeys.
While in Category B, the competition was stiff between Piyush Sangwan and Prakhar Asawa.
Sangwan was leading at the end of the first nine holes with three fantastic birdies while Prakhar could manage only one on par 3-4th. Sangwan bogeyed three holes on the back nine to let Prakhar take advantage of his slump. Prakhar played a stable game and emerged tied on top with Piyush at the end of the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley