Sanjay, Vijay to lead challenge in PGTI Feeder Tour event
New Delhi: Defending champion Sanjay Kumar and Vijay Kumar will lead the local challenge when the fourth event of the Professional Golf Tour of India`s (PGTI) Feeder Tour season gets underway at the Lucknow Golf Club from October 9 to 11.
The tournament, which carries a total prize purse of Rs. 6 lakh, features a field of 71 players and will be played over three rounds of 18 holes each with the cut being applied after 36 holes.
Besides Sanjay and Vijay, other top professionals from Lucknow includes Rajesh Kumar Rawat, Sheeraz Kalra, Bhoop Singh, Jumman, Manoj Kumar and Amardeep Rawat.
Arjun Singh Chaudhri of Noida and Delhi`s Honey Baisoya, currently placed first and second on the Feeder Tour Order of Merit respectively, will also be among the top contenders at the event.
Chaudhri, the 2011 Feeder Tour order of Merit champion, has won two out of three events staged so far this season.
Adesh Seth, Captain, Lucknow Golf Club, said: "We look forward to hosting the PGTI Feeder Tour event. We hope the professionals enjoy the experience of playing in the testing conditions at the Lucknow Golf Club.
"We expect to witness some exciting golf this week as the strong local contingent takes on professionals from the rest of the country."
Speaking from Delhi, Padamjit Sandhu, Director, PGTI, said: "A pulsating contest is in the offing at the Lucknow Golf Club as the race for the PGTI Feeder Tour Order of Merit crown gets intense in the penultimate event of the season.
"We look forward to partnering with the Lucknow Golf Club to further promote professional golf in the state of Uttar Pradesh."
The Lucknow Golf Club is home to a tight course which has tall trees coming into play. It demands great accuracy and ball-placement is the key to success at this venue.
The PGTI Feeder Tour event at Lucknow Golf Club is the fourth of a total of five events scheduled to be staged on the Feeder Tour this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks