Sanjay, Vijay to lead challenge in PGTI Feeder Tour event
New Delhi: Defending champion Sanjay Kumar and Vijay Kumar will lead the local challenge when the fourth event of the Professional Golf Tour of India`s (PGTI) Feeder Tour season gets underway at the Lucknow Golf Club from October 9 to 11.
The tournament, which carries a total prize purse of Rs. 6 lakh, features a field of 71 players and will be played over three rounds of 18 holes each with the cut being applied after 36 holes.
Besides Sanjay and Vijay, other top professionals from Lucknow includes Rajesh Kumar Rawat, Sheeraz Kalra, Bhoop Singh, Jumman, Manoj Kumar and Amardeep Rawat.
Arjun Singh Chaudhri of Noida and Delhi`s Honey Baisoya, currently placed first and second on the Feeder Tour Order of Merit respectively, will also be among the top contenders at the event.
Chaudhri, the 2011 Feeder Tour order of Merit champion, has won two out of three events staged so far this season.
Adesh Seth, Captain, Lucknow Golf Club, said: "We look forward to hosting the PGTI Feeder Tour event. We hope the professionals enjoy the experience of playing in the testing conditions at the Lucknow Golf Club.
"We expect to witness some exciting golf this week as the strong local contingent takes on professionals from the rest of the country."
Speaking from Delhi, Padamjit Sandhu, Director, PGTI, said: "A pulsating contest is in the offing at the Lucknow Golf Club as the race for the PGTI Feeder Tour Order of Merit crown gets intense in the penultimate event of the season.
"We look forward to partnering with the Lucknow Golf Club to further promote professional golf in the state of Uttar Pradesh."
The Lucknow Golf Club is home to a tight course which has tall trees coming into play. It demands great accuracy and ball-placement is the key to success at this venue.
The PGTI Feeder Tour event at Lucknow Golf Club is the fourth of a total of five events scheduled to be staged on the Feeder Tour this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan