Shamim, Rashid qualify for Singapore Open
New Delhi: Shamim Khan and Rashid Khan have sealed their berths for the USD 6 million Barclays Singapore Open to be held from November 8 to 11 at the Sentosa Golf Club.
PGTI members Shamim and Rashid qualified for the blue-ribbon event of the Asian region by virtue of being the top two players on the PGTI`s Rolex Rankings for 2012 at the end of the BILT Open, which concluded on October 13.
Shamim and Rashid will be joined in Singapore by other Indian professionals, who are exempt on the European Tour and Asian Tour.
Shamim is number one on the Rolex Rankings at the moment with earnings of Rs 37,33,780 for the year. He has won three titles in the season including the PGTI Players Championship events at the Poona Club and the Classic Golf Resort as well as the BILT Open. Shamim also has 11 other top-10 finishes to his credit in the current season.
Rashid is currently placed second on the Rolex Rankings with earnings of Rs 34,38,822. He won the PGTI Players Championship at the Coimbatore Golf Club this year and posted nine other top-10s.
The Barclays Singapore Open is a European Tour and Asian Tour joint sanctioned event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley