Shankar Das leads team to Pro-Am win at Avantha Masters
Gurgaon: Two-time winner on the 2011 PGTI calendar, Shankar Das announced his presence amid a sea of global golf stars here today, by leading his team of Chandanjit Arneja, Venkat Sunderam and Simarjeet Singh to a narrow one-point victory in the morning edition of the Avantha Masters 2012 Pro-Am.
The event was played on a Medal format and the winning team finished with a score of minus 23.
The Pro-Am teed off the Euro 1.8 million Avantha Masters 2012, being staged at the Arnold Palmer designed DLF Golf & Country Club this week.
Rahil Gangjee who is considered a serious title contender this week, and his team of Ateet Gaur, Rahul Khanna and Capt. Cheema finished a close second at -22.
American, Barry Henson and his team of Raj Jain, Sanjiv Rai and Astha Mittl finished third at minus 20.
Abhishek Misra registered the `Longest Drive` on hole 5 with a stupendous 330 yard effort from the tee while the `Closest-to-Pin` contest on hole 16, was won by Ravi Chopra whose shot came to rest eight feet, two inches form the cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation