Sharmila all fired up for Morocco event on LET
Bangalore: Top woman golfer Sharmila Nicollet today said she has all the ingredients of what it takes to win a title on the Ladies European Tour as she prepares for Lalla Meryem Cup in Morocco, beginning on March 28.
Sharmila said her confidence has grown manifold after win at the Hero Women`s Pro Tour in Mumbai recently.
"This year I have chance, because I have the talent, will power and mindset. Hopefully I can win a tournament this year. After winning Hero Women`s Pro Tour, my confidence has amplified, and going into Morocco Tour next week, I think I have the confidence and right kind of game. Hopefully I can sustain myself," she told reporters after she was announced brand ambassador of Champion Reef Golf County, the newest golf course here.
Sharmila said last year was really tough for her.
"I however have learnt a lot and made many changes. I am working on my yoga, nutrition and fitness," she said.
Sharmila said her game was improving slowly and it would take her two to three years to establish herself on the LET.
"I am more confident about my game now and also a little more creative," she said.
Tarun Sardesai, the coach of Sharmila, said his ward has matured a lot.
"I saw her hitting the golf further which was quite an advantage," he said.
Champion Reef Golf Private Limited Managing Director George Menomparampil said Golf tourism is a market which India is yet to tap, though there are many golf courses which are of international standards.
According to an independent study, about 70 to 80 per cent of golfers are prepared to visit a new golfing destination and this community represents the wealthiest 50 per cent of all golfers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...