Sharmila all fired up for Morocco event on LET
Bangalore: Top woman golfer Sharmila Nicollet today said she has all the ingredients of what it takes to win a title on the Ladies European Tour as she prepares for Lalla Meryem Cup in Morocco, beginning on March 28.
Sharmila said her confidence has grown manifold after win at the Hero Women`s Pro Tour in Mumbai recently.
"This year I have chance, because I have the talent, will power and mindset. Hopefully I can win a tournament this year. After winning Hero Women`s Pro Tour, my confidence has amplified, and going into Morocco Tour next week, I think I have the confidence and right kind of game. Hopefully I can sustain myself," she told reporters after she was announced brand ambassador of Champion Reef Golf County, the newest golf course here.
Sharmila said last year was really tough for her.
"I however have learnt a lot and made many changes. I am working on my yoga, nutrition and fitness," she said.
Sharmila said her game was improving slowly and it would take her two to three years to establish herself on the LET.
"I am more confident about my game now and also a little more creative," she said.
Tarun Sardesai, the coach of Sharmila, said his ward has matured a lot.
"I saw her hitting the golf further which was quite an advantage," he said.
Champion Reef Golf Private Limited Managing Director George Menomparampil said Golf tourism is a market which India is yet to tap, though there are many golf courses which are of international standards.
According to an independent study, about 70 to 80 per cent of golfers are prepared to visit a new golfing destination and this community represents the wealthiest 50 per cent of all golfers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in