Sharmila finishes tied 17th in Turkey
Antalya: Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet played brilliantly on the final day of the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open to finish tied 17 here.
The Bangalore-based golfer had a final day score of one under 72 with four birdies Sunday to secure tied 17th position with a cumulative score of five over 297 at the end of the final round Sunday.
The 250,000 euro prize money event was held at the National golf Club in the resort of Belek and was played May 9-12.
Sharmila played brilliantly on the final day to rise from 30th. Sharmila returned with earnings of 3,158.33 euros. The tournament had a playing field of more than 120 golfers from across the world.
Sharmila is currently ranked fourth in the Order of Merit of the Women’s Professional Golf Tour of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note