Sharmila finishes tied 17th in Turkey
Antalya: Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet played brilliantly on the final day of the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open to finish tied 17 here.
The Bangalore-based golfer had a final day score of one under 72 with four birdies Sunday to secure tied 17th position with a cumulative score of five over 297 at the end of the final round Sunday.
The 250,000 euro prize money event was held at the National golf Club in the resort of Belek and was played May 9-12.
Sharmila played brilliantly on the final day to rise from 30th. Sharmila returned with earnings of 3,158.33 euros. The tournament had a playing field of more than 120 golfers from across the world.
Sharmila is currently ranked fourth in the Order of Merit of the Women’s Professional Golf Tour of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India