Sharmila leads field on day one of 4th leg of Hero WPGT
Mumbai: Sharmila Nicollet put forth a commendable round of two-under 63 to lead at the close of round one of the fourth leg of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour 2013.
The Rs. 500000 prize money event is being held at the Willingdon Sports Club here. Sharmila, who is fresh from her win in the third leg of the Hero WPGT13 at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club last week continued with her good form to stay two shots clear of second placed Pallavi Jain.
The Bangalore golfer, currently is also the only Indian on the Ladies European Tour having retained her LET card for the second successive year in 2013.
Sharmila played a steady first round with birdies on the first, seventh and 14th holes and a solitary bogey on the fifth to lead the field on day one.
Pallavi Jain who was in excellent form was leading the field on the front nine with a one-stroke advantage over her closest rival, Sharmila.
However, a double bogey on the 17th ruined her chances forcing her to settle for the second position at the close of round one. She carded three birdies on the sixth, ninth and 11th and a bogey on the 12th.
Smriti Mehra, since her victory in the second leg has struggled and her disappointment continued as she started with two bogeys followed by further bogeys on the seventh and 13th. Her birdies on the ninth and 17th helped her finish at the third position with a score of 2 over 67.
Neha Tripathi finished fourth with a score of 5 over 70, followed by Preetinder Kaur (71) and Alexandra Dhayar (A) (72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli breaks two T20 world records with unbeaten 54 against Delhi Daredevils
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- India's first-ever indigenous 'space shuttle' RLV-TD successfully launched from Sriharikota
- NEET: Health Minister JP Nadda meets President Pranab Mukherjee to explain why Union Cabinet took ordinance route
- Oh no! Sushant Singh Rajput is OFF Twitter, here's why