Sharmila looks to bounce back at Ladies German Open
Munich: Sharmila Nicollet, who has struggled in the cold and wet conditions in Europe, will look to make some major adjustments when she tees off under similar weather conditions at the Ladies German Open here on Thursday.
The 350,000 euros tournament, which will be played at the Golfpark Gut Hausern Nr. Munich, will take place from May 30 to June 2.
Sharmila will be keen to prove herself in the big league despite tough weather conditions and would be looking to repeat her performance at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th.
"Last week was a disappointing one for me and I really struggled in the extreme weather conditions in Amsterdam. However, I have put that behind and am looking forward to play UniCredit at the Ladies German Open. I am hopeful that I will be able to overcome these challenges and put up a good show," said Sharmila Nicollet.
Another Indian who will be seen in action this week is veteran golfer Smriti Mehra.
Anne-Lise Caudal from France, who defeated British golfer Laura Davies in the playoffs last year, is the defending champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies