Sharmila looks to bounce back at Ladies German Open
Munich: Sharmila Nicollet, who has struggled in the cold and wet conditions in Europe, will look to make some major adjustments when she tees off under similar weather conditions at the Ladies German Open here on Thursday.
The 350,000 euros tournament, which will be played at the Golfpark Gut Hausern Nr. Munich, will take place from May 30 to June 2.
Sharmila will be keen to prove herself in the big league despite tough weather conditions and would be looking to repeat her performance at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th.
"Last week was a disappointing one for me and I really struggled in the extreme weather conditions in Amsterdam. However, I have put that behind and am looking forward to play UniCredit at the Ladies German Open. I am hopeful that I will be able to overcome these challenges and put up a good show," said Sharmila Nicollet.
Another Indian who will be seen in action this week is veteran golfer Smriti Mehra.
Anne-Lise Caudal from France, who defeated British golfer Laura Davies in the playoffs last year, is the defending champion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India