Sharmila misses cut in Dubai Ladies Masters
Dubai: Sharmila Nicollet missed the cut with a second round 78, which was only marginally better than her first round 79, in the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, the season`s final event on the Ladies European Tour.
Sharmila, who had five bogeys and a double bogey on first day, seemed headed for a worse time as she had four doubles on the front nine in the second round. But she knocked in four birdies against two bogeys on the back nine to card 78.
Also out of the event is Dubai-based Indian Rhea Nair (80-79).
Carlota Ciganda, winner of the 2012 Rookie of the Year award as well as the Order of Merit, stayed in lead with a second round 70 after a first round 67.
She was seven-under for two rounds and held the clubhouse lead. She was joined by Stacy Lewis, who shot 70 in first round but was five-under through 11 holes in second.
At six-under were Permilla Lindberg and Thai Phatlum Pornanong, who still had nine and seven holes to play in second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister