Sharmila misses cut in Dubai Ladies Masters
Dubai: Sharmila Nicollet missed the cut with a second round 78, which was only marginally better than her first round 79, in the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, the season`s final event on the Ladies European Tour.
Sharmila, who had five bogeys and a double bogey on first day, seemed headed for a worse time as she had four doubles on the front nine in the second round. But she knocked in four birdies against two bogeys on the back nine to card 78.
Also out of the event is Dubai-based Indian Rhea Nair (80-79).
Carlota Ciganda, winner of the 2012 Rookie of the Year award as well as the Order of Merit, stayed in lead with a second round 70 after a first round 67.
She was seven-under for two rounds and held the clubhouse lead. She was joined by Stacy Lewis, who shot 70 in first round but was five-under through 11 holes in second.
At six-under were Permilla Lindberg and Thai Phatlum Pornanong, who still had nine and seven holes to play in second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees