Sharmila Nicollet misses cut at Swiss Open
Ascona-Locarno (Switzerland): Sharmila Nicollet`s late recovery came a tad too late as she missed the cut at the Deutsche Bank Ladies Swiss Open with a three-over 75 in the second round of the event here.
Sharmila found a couple of birdies on the back-nine after being five-over for the front nine. She finished with a total of 12-over 156 and crashed out of the tournament.
It was the fourth successive missed cut for Sharmila, who had earlier failed to make the final rounds at Turkish Airlines Open, Unicredit German Open and Deloitte Ladies Open.
Meanwhile, Australian Rebecca Artis continued to lead after grinding out a second round of one-under 71 in hot and windy conditions at Golf Gerre Losone. Artis, who opened with a career-low 64, was nine-under at the halfway stage of the Ladies European Tour`s third biggest prize-money tournament.
Defending champion Diana Luna (67-70) and Veronica Zorzi (69-68) joined England`s Florentyna Parker (66-71) two strokes behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez