Sharmila Nicollet misses cut at Swiss Open
Ascona-Locarno (Switzerland): Sharmila Nicollet`s late recovery came a tad too late as she missed the cut at the Deutsche Bank Ladies Swiss Open with a three-over 75 in the second round of the event here.
Sharmila found a couple of birdies on the back-nine after being five-over for the front nine. She finished with a total of 12-over 156 and crashed out of the tournament.
It was the fourth successive missed cut for Sharmila, who had earlier failed to make the final rounds at Turkish Airlines Open, Unicredit German Open and Deloitte Ladies Open.
Meanwhile, Australian Rebecca Artis continued to lead after grinding out a second round of one-under 71 in hot and windy conditions at Golf Gerre Losone. Artis, who opened with a career-low 64, was nine-under at the halfway stage of the Ladies European Tour`s third biggest prize-money tournament.
Defending champion Diana Luna (67-70) and Veronica Zorzi (69-68) joined England`s Florentyna Parker (66-71) two strokes behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends