Sharmila Nicollet pulls out of Slovak Open
New Delhi: Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet has been forced to withdraw from Allianz Ladies Slovak Open owing to an injured foot.
She has been playing with injuries to her toes which have aggravated over a period of time. Sharmila is undergoing treatment currently and has been advised rest. She is awaiting confirmation from the doctor regarding the duration of rest, and when she can resume competitive golf.
The tournament will be held between June 20 and June 23 at the Golf Resort Tale Brezno, Tále, Slovakia.
Sharmila has had a promising start to her season on the Ladies European Tour this year. She did a commendable job at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th and was positioned well on the leader board in the German Open before the weather intervened, cutting short the tournament. She will look to make a strong comeback once she returns from her injury.
“It is very frustrating to sit out due to injuries. I have been carrying these niggles for quite a while now and it was about time I took some time off to recuperate. I have been advised rest for some time for my toes to heal," said Nicollet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- EU faces `difficult` talks on Russia sanctions: Germany
- Nothing has changed in PM Narendra Modi's LS seat in 2 years: Digvijaya Singh
- Pakistani, Tunisian Islamic State supporters jailed for terror threats
- Four Narada 'stung' MLAs among Mamata Banerjee's ministers
- Arvind Kejriwal demands Rs 4,087 crore for civic bodies from Narendra Modi government