Sharmila Nicollet pulls out of Slovak Open
New Delhi: Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet has been forced to withdraw from Allianz Ladies Slovak Open owing to an injured foot.
She has been playing with injuries to her toes which have aggravated over a period of time. Sharmila is undergoing treatment currently and has been advised rest. She is awaiting confirmation from the doctor regarding the duration of rest, and when she can resume competitive golf.
The tournament will be held between June 20 and June 23 at the Golf Resort Tale Brezno, Tále, Slovakia.
Sharmila has had a promising start to her season on the Ladies European Tour this year. She did a commendable job at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th and was positioned well on the leader board in the German Open before the weather intervened, cutting short the tournament. She will look to make a strong comeback once she returns from her injury.
“It is very frustrating to sit out due to injuries. I have been carrying these niggles for quite a while now and it was about time I took some time off to recuperate. I have been advised rest for some time for my toes to heal," said Nicollet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged