Sharmila Nicollet pulls out of Women`s Pro Golf Tour`s fifth leg
Chandigarh: Sharmila Nicollet, India`s youngest woman golfer to qualify for the Ladies European Tour, has pulled out of the fifth leg of the Hero Women`s Pro Golf Tour due to an injury.
Sharmila had won the third leg of the tournament.
The 2013 season has got off to a great start with tough competition between India`s top women professionals. The Chandigarh leg of the tournament, beginning tomorrow, will witness veteran golfer Smriti Mehra take on Kolkata golfer Neha Tripathi for the top spot.
Currently, Smriti Mehra is leading the Hero Order of Merit with a total prize money of INR 360,000, followed by Neha Tripathi with a total purse of INR 330,000.
Both Smriti and Neha have been in tremendous form lately and have played some super golf so far in this season.
Smriti has won two legs at the Hero WPGT 2013 whereas Neha won the first leg and has been consistently finishing in the top three. They will both look to extend their good run and inch ahead in the Hero OOM race at the Chandigarh Golf Club.
Local girls, Preetinder Kaur and Saaniya Sharma, along with Delhi`s Vani Kapoor will look to put up a strong challenge to the inform Smriti and Neha.
This is the fifth leg of the 12 leg series of Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour and carries a total prize money of INR 500,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city