Sharmila on course to getting LET card, is tied eighth
Marrakech: Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet stayed on course to getting a Ladies European Tour card after moving to tied eighth by turning in a three-under 69 in the third round of Lalla Aicha Tour School here.
Sharmila, who had six birdies and three bogeys, is now nine-under for the tournament, and five shots behind the leader, the 17-year-old Thai amateur Ariya Jutanugarn (69).
India`s other player, Smriti Mehra carded 73 after rounds of 74 and 72, is three-over and lying tied 91st.
Sharmila opened with a bogey on third, but quickly made up on the next with a birdie. Back-to-back birdies on eighth and ninth ensured she turned in under-par at 34 and then she birdied 12th, 14th and 18th and gave back bogeys on 13th and 17th for a 69.
Her earlier two rounds were 68 and 70.
"It was a solid round and I am happy with it. There is still a little more to go, so I want to stay patient and keep it consistent," said Sharmila.
Interestingly, the top three in the LET Qualifiers right now are amateurs.
While Ariya Jutanugarn moved to the top of the leader board by equalling the Amelkis course record with flawless eight under par 64 for 14-under 202, the second place was held by English amateur Emily Taylor (68) at 13-under 203.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16