Sharmila takes lead on Day 1
Greater Noida: Sharmila Nicollet fired a five under-67 to lead on the opening day of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour 2013, here on Tuesday.
Trailing Sharmila by a stroke was Delhi`s Vani Kapoor in the five-lakh event played at the Jaypee Greens Golf Course.
Sharmila had a brilliant round, scoring the lowest total of the day. The Bengaluru golfer`s round consisted of six birdies on the 2nd, 5th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th holes followed by a single bogey on the 17th hole.
Vani was placed second after 18 holes with a day`s total of four under 68. Her round today consisted of five birdies on the 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th and 11th holes followed by a bogey on the 16th hole.
Amateur golfer Millie Saroha was placed third with a total of two under 70.
Chandigarh`s Saniya Sharma was fourth with even par score of 72 and Rani Sonti was fifth with a score of three over 75 after 18 holes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert