Sharmila to play Tenerife Open in Spain
Tenerife (Spain): Sharmila Nicollet, who desperately needs some good results to keep her Ladies European Tour card for next season, tees up at the Tenerife Open de Espana Femenino.
Sharmila, who put up a great show in qualifying for the LET through the Qualifying School, has struggled since, making only two cuts.
But India`s top pro, Sharmila has chosen to compete abroad to get to the next level and is confident that she will eventually break through.
"I have got a lot of confidence after playing a few events. The only way to go forward is to play more and I am doing that. I have missed some cuts by a small margin, so hopefully things will get better," she said.
Sharmila is paired with Sandra Carlborg and Mianne Biagger for the first round.
Meanwhile, Spanish rookie Carlota Ciganda needs a top 18 finish at the Tenerife Open de Espana Femenino this week to surpass Julieta Granada of Paraguay as the new leader of the Ladies European Tour`s ISPS Handa Order of Merit.
Granada moved into pole position with a seventh place finish at the Ricoh Women`s British Open, but is not playing in Spain, opening the door for Ciganda, who moved up to second with a tie for 17th last week at Royal Liverpool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!