Sharmila to play Tenerife Open in Spain
Tenerife (Spain): Sharmila Nicollet, who desperately needs some good results to keep her Ladies European Tour card for next season, tees up at the Tenerife Open de Espana Femenino.
Sharmila, who put up a great show in qualifying for the LET through the Qualifying School, has struggled since, making only two cuts.
But India`s top pro, Sharmila has chosen to compete abroad to get to the next level and is confident that she will eventually break through.
"I have got a lot of confidence after playing a few events. The only way to go forward is to play more and I am doing that. I have missed some cuts by a small margin, so hopefully things will get better," she said.
Sharmila is paired with Sandra Carlborg and Mianne Biagger for the first round.
Meanwhile, Spanish rookie Carlota Ciganda needs a top 18 finish at the Tenerife Open de Espana Femenino this week to surpass Julieta Granada of Paraguay as the new leader of the Ladies European Tour`s ISPS Handa Order of Merit.
Granada moved into pole position with a seventh place finish at the Ricoh Women`s British Open, but is not playing in Spain, opening the door for Ciganda, who moved up to second with a tie for 17th last week at Royal Liverpool.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan